Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Been Awhile....

Okay, when we did our last post we were waiting on the results of the cranial scans on both boys and Thank the Lord they came back normal!

Caleb is still under medication for seizures and has had a couple EEG's since last week. They are not necessarily seeing seizure activity happening but there is something abnormal about them that right now Dave and I couldn't even explain until we have a better understanding from the docs. It has been hard for us as we get nervous and question so many of his movements wondering if they are seizure like and hope we can get past this soon. From what it sounds like is it is common in preemies and almost all of them outgrow this so that is what we are hoping and praying for Caleb as well.

Caleb joined the 2 lb club on Thursday, weighing in at 2lb 1.2 oz! He has been going up on his feedings every day and I believe will also be having the fortifier added to his feedings tomorrow.

Ethan was taken off of the CPAP machine on Saturday and has just a nasal canula!!! Huge step as this is the last step to having nothing to help assist with breathing! He is doing well so far and they will gradually wean down the oxygen flow on it as time goes on.

Caleb will most likely be introduced to the nasal canula tomorrow as he is doing great on the CPAP!

We have been able to hold the boys now for the past 4 or 5 days in a row which has been great! I just star at them in awe of how cute they are and what a blessing to have them in my arms. I just cannot wait until the day when I don't have to ask and when I can hold them for hours on end. I have also been giving them sponge baths and washing their hair which I cannot say they enjoy too much.

All for now... Please Lord protect my boys, help them grow, and take the seizures away from Caleb.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie and Dave, I am so happy the boys are doing better. I've been worried about them ever since your last post. But now I'm feel happy and my prayers are with little Caleb and Ethan everyday.
    Love, Bonnie & Bob.

    ReplyDelete