Friday, March 5, 2010

Week One Update

Hi All,

Well the boys first full week has gone by and they have both been behaving as the nurses say. Ethan has gained about 2 ounces since he has been born and Caleb has lost alittle now but they say that is to be expected in the beginning. Ethan was taken back off of the ventilator today and so far seems to be handling it well. Caleb will stay on a little longer as he needs a little more support in that area. Both of them have had a round of medication to treat their heart murmurs and both seem to now just have a small one that they will monitor for the time being.

I have been blessed with changing both of their diapers for the first time and of course they had quite the surprise in there for mommy. You should see their diapers - they are xs preemie diapers and so tiny and cute. They also had their first little bath or wipe down last night.

It is so cool how when Dave and I get there they are so responsive to us. Going to visit them is the highlight of our days and really is helping us with dealing with the passing of Tyler as well.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and kind comments that have been posted! More pics to come...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so great that you get to change them and help with baths. I don't remember doing bath for quite some time after they were born.

    I have seen so many people do this and we never did but wanted to, take a pic of the boys with something next to them to really understand their size. Many people put their wedding bands on the babies' wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are beautiful--but I'm a little proud. Each new experience reminds us of what miracles the boys really are. Each day they get stronger and reach new milestones. I have witnessed the boys reaction to Jamie and Dave's voices, and they really do know their wonderful, loving parents.
    I love you all more than you can ever know.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just beautiful. How great to see them. It is so good to hear of their progress. They truly are little miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThANKS for the updates we did not want to call. We are praying for you and the boys are cute.Love All the Woffords and Karyn (Erick's girlfriend)

    ReplyDelete